Scheduling & Visitor RestrictionsWe will be rescheduling some patient appointments and procedures in an effort to protect our patients and staff. Conserving personal protective equipment helps us prioritize the needs of those who may require immediate care. Adjustments to scheduled procedures and appointments will be made as requested by the physician, patient or as required by official local or national public health authorities. We will contact you directly if your appointment or procedure is postponed until a later date. During this time, all Citizens Baptist Medical Center facilities will remain open to care for patients who require in-person visits and time-sensitive care. Thank you for understanding our need to take these measures for the safety of all.
Effective 5/3/2021, by order of the Governor of Alabama and the State Health Officer, each patient or resident of this facility enjoys certain rights to have caregivers or visitors present, subject to reasonable restrictions and current guidance from the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). If you have questions, you may ask to inspect the facility’s written policies concerning visitation.
Visitor Restrictions and Guidelines for Citizens Baptist Medical Center
Effective: July 26, 2021
Each patient may be allowed one (1) caregiver/visitor to help improve the patient’s safety, emotional well- being, physical care, and overall experience.
There will be no caregivers/visitors allowed for COVID-19 positive patients and/or patients with suspected COVID-19.
Compliance with the guidelines below is required, and, if not followed, may result in removal from the facility:
- Screening guidelines are posted at the entrance for self-evaluation. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed on the guidelines, please refrain from entering the facility.
- All visitors must be age 16 or older
- All visitors must wear mask at ALL times, regardless of vaccination status.
- All visitors must comply with social distancing at all times.
- All visitors must agree to practice appropriate hand hygiene.
- All visitors must remain in the patient’s room, but may go to cafeteria then return to room to eat.
- Depending on certain procedural areas, there may be additional restrictions for visitors/caregivers.
The ONLY entrance to the hospital is through the Emergency Department entrance.
Exceptions to this policy may be made at the discretion of the hospital for certain compassionate care or therapeutic concerns.
Please respect the nurses' instructions as they work to do what is best for both you and your loved one.
The hospital reserves the right to ask any support person to leave the facility if they are unwilling to comply with these restrictions.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.